Monday 11 April 2016

Riley Blake canvas road map play mat

I finally got round to making one of these panels which arrived from Riley Blake



I love the heavier weight cotton canvas material which will be a bit more durable than the usual quilting weight cottons and yet still quite portable if you want to take it anywhere.

All the panel needed was an edging (although you could add a backing if you wanted to) and I chose a bright red bias binding to pick out one of the colours in the pattern.


It gave me the chance to use my new binding clips which I have to say were a lot quicker and easier than using pins.



A lovely neat finish!

There is so much detail on this panel


and even a parking lot for kids to match up different coloured cars


All in all it was a quick and easy project


 and would make a lovely gift for a little person who loves their cars!


The finished mat is 114cm by 90cm and you can buy the panel on our website here.

Enjoy

Ali
x








SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Butterfly Bright | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig