Friday 8 April 2016

My favourite crochet blankets from day 8 of the #ldjcrochethookup

I am so enjoying the April #ldjcrochethookup being run by LazyDaisyJones and Crochet Now magazine!

Have you been keeping up?



Today - day 8 - was #Blankets and I just had to write this post to record my favourites in the hope that one day I will get the chance to make some vaguely similar! Running a shop is such a busy occupation that I have never made more than a baby blanket as I am always trying out new patterns in smaller forms to come up with ideas for workshops. So I have quite a few crochet cushions but as yet no blankets.

Anyway here are the ones that really caught my eye

Firstly this rainbow of heaven from Flo_and_dot - such fun! There isn't a specific pattern sadly but from the comments under this post it is a fairly straightforward make


next this harlequin style piece of crochet perfection from holly_pips who looks like a crocheting wonder-mum to me! Check out Holly's instragram feed it is a feast for the eyes...


I love a simple granny blanket and the colours on this one by rhubardandpie seem somehow random but perfectly harmonious.


Another traditional design and very similar to the first granny blanket I ever made all those years ago - thinking about it now I've no idea what happened to the ones I made as a child which is sad, but this one is just perfect in my mind, definitely top of the list for me - nice work made.by.victoria :)


I love this colour combination by Chrissie_crafts, anything pink and blue floats my boat!


and talking of boats - this post from tintocktap gets top marks from me for creativity!



I am drawing such inspiration from the #ldjcrochethookup and you should join in too, its a great way to meet other crochet lovers and swap some creative ideas!

Enjoy
Ali
x


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Thank you so much for including me in this glorious roundup! I am so inspired by all these IG feeds! Chrissie X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my pleasure Chrissie, they do all look lovely together! I must make one soon...

      Delete

© Butterfly Bright | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig