Monday 25 April 2016

A Patchwork Sewing Machine Cover

I have been meaning to make a cover for my sewing machine for years, and it seems that the new shop is quite a bit dustier than the old one so I decided to actually get on with it!

Using a charm pack is a great way to get a patchwork result that you know will work, I had a few of these Moda Chic Neutrals ones left so I cracked one open.


The squares were soon pieced together using my trustee quarter inch foot


I measured the sewing machine and adjusted the cover to fit exactly


The cover is lined with a different fabric by Studio E in case I want a change! I thought this print was very appropriate...





I think it looks jolly smart in the shop entrance - it even matches the lovely sideboard currently on loan from The Old Shambles in Sherborne - this sideboard has already sold but Paula has lots of lovely new furniture in all the time so do have a look at her facebook page!


What do you think?

I had been asked to come up with a workshop for a sewing machine cover so I will be adding this to the diary soon, keep an eye on our webshop for details.

You can buy the sewing themed fabric from my website here

I also have a few other sewing machines to make covers for so I may come up with some alternative designs in the next few weeks, watch this space..

I hope you enjoyed this post - do please leave a comment or ask me any questions if you like!

Ali
x




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Butterfly Bright | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig