Tuesday 29 March 2016

Cactus applique


When I received my Mollie Makes magazine back in February I was inspired by their paper cutting booklet for a sewing project.


Inside was a page with three cactus pictures



Cactus are such fun to play around with as they have so many different shapes, colours and textures to bring in to a project.

First I picked out some green fabric to use - my stash basket is somewhat overflowing at the moment so it is always good to try and use up some pieces. I love pink and green together so I used pinks and purples for the pots and flowers. I made some with felt to add a different texture.



I used bondaweb to attach all the pieces and then tried a bit of freehand machine embroidery to add detail to the plants and the pots.



I still have a bit more to do to complete the embroidery and I think I will use some hand embroidery too to give extra texture - perhaps some french knots?

At this point a great friend Ashley (aka Lazy Daisy Jones) popped in for a cuppa and had a play around at putting together a flat lay to show off my work on Instagram.

Didn't she make an awesome picture?!

I will add another picture when I finally finish this piece but I must get back to work now!

Ali
x









SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Butterfly Bright | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig