Monday 1 February 2016

A patchwork quilt in a day

I know a lot of my customers work full time and don't always want to come to evening classes so I thought I would compress one of our most popular workshops into a one day workshop to make a mini patchwork quilt.
I have had my eye on this charm pack from Moda since it arrived in the shop so I decided to make the cutting part a bit quicker by using some of the pre-cut squares in this pack. I chose the pink, yellow and turquoise squares, leaving 22 other more blue and green ones for another project later on.
strip piecing a mini quilt
I had to pick some co-ordinating fabrics for the two borders - but this was easy as I have loads of pinks and turquoises in the shop at the moment.
wall of fabric at Butterfly Bright
There is always time for a quick tea break when I am sewing!- I love that my tea and teacup match the project in hand!
tea break from the mini quilt
I was even wearing co-ordinating clothing on that day
working on a mini quilt
It took a bit of fiddling to get all the seams and corners matching up but it had to be perfect as the workshop sample.
Quilt in a day course
A bright pink binding ties it all together.
DayQuilt-finished

It took me about 4 hours from start to finish to put this together and I will be running a workshop on 8th March 2016 to teach you how to make one for yourself - why not book a place and join us?!
You will learn how to piece together the patchwork top,layer with wadding and a backing, quilt and finally bind the mini quilt.You may need to finish the binding off at home but we will aim to get the majority of the quilt finished during the day.
You will need to be competent at using a sewing machine to attend this workshop.

See you soon!
Ali
x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Butterfly Bright | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig