Saturday 28 November 2015

I fell in love with this year's "Winter Wonderland" Christmas fabric from Dashwood Studio as soon as I saw it and ordered it over a year ago!
The reds and greens seem perfect to me for a Christmas project and the detail in each design has interest and festive appeal for both children and adults alike.



We usually run a Christmas Table Runner workshop and this year is no different, I knew I had to make one using this collection and here it is. I spent ages trawling through ideas on my Christmas Pinterest board and saved quite a few pins along the way but eventually I settled on a classic Patchwork Star design.
The stars are all made with half square triangles - an easy technique if you know how!

If you fancy making up one of these for your festive table or perhaps as a gift for a friend - you can buy the fabric here in our webshop or perhaps if you would like a bit more guidance you could come and make one in a workshop on either Wednesday 9th December or Tuesday 15th December
We will cover how to cut and sew Half Square Triangles, adding sashing and a border, layering, quilting and binding. That sounds like a lot but don't worry, mince pies will be provided!

I am looking forward to taking this one home although I think with my spillage prone little ones this will be removed from display for actual meal times...
Merry Christmas Making everybody!
Ali
x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Butterfly Bright | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig